First over night smoke went ok, felt like I adjusted ok...

well, I set up to run 3 butts over night.

All went well until the weather turned to crap on me. fired up and got to temp about 260 at 10 with minion method...., 3 butts on, temp dropped then climbed to about 250 again. adjusted toall the vents 1/3 open dropped and sat right at 240 for an hour after ... went to bed... then the temp dropped to about 40, with 30 mile an hour winds. thanks! so at 430 when I rolled over and checked, was rocking 185. watched it for a bit. weather was CRANKING windy... so I decided to foil them and finish them in the oven. smells amazing, and they hit 195 after about 14 hours total between the wsm and the oven. bummed about the need to oven them... seems cheaty, but I wasnt able to be home diddling with it this AM... seemed safe to oven them... after all, the smoking part is over...

Sometimes ya have to do what ya-gotta do.
Most important was how the butts came out? :wsm:

Tim

they came out good! seem moister than I thought they would be, this isnt bad... but had to go easy with the sauce. flavor good, and they fell apart. I am planning on getting an Auber, and not having gale force winds for my next cook!

Back