First loin back ribs smoke with amazing outcome

Douglas

Good Morning everyone. I smoked my first ribs on Saturday and they came out amazing. Smoked 3 loin back racks at 225-240 for about 4 hours. I was so surprised at how easy it was to make the best ribs I have ever had. Everyone was so amazed at how tender and good they were. I am so thankful to this web site and all the help I have been given to get me started. Can't wait to do it again!!!!

I did have one question though: I purchased 3 loin back ribs at Costco in a Cryovac, brought them home and started to remove the membrane but it looked like it had already been removed. No matter how hard me and my buddy tried we could not find any Membrane to remove and the back of the ribs looked like they did in the "Preparing Pork Loin Back Ribs" after the membrane had been removed. So I was wandering if any of you have come across this?

I had the same thing happen to me recently with ribs I bought at Costco. After a while I just went ahead and smoked them up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Harris Sr.:
From what I understand, Costco DOES remove the membrane from their baby back ribs... Not sure about spare ribs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought some spares from Costco a couple of weeks ago and had to remove the membrane

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

My wife was always pretty ambivalent about BBQ until I got my WSM. In fact, she never would eat ribs until I made them.

One warning - I hope you don't like to eat ribs, pulled pork, etc. when you go out to eat because you'll likely find out that after eating yours, the rest won't satisfy you!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Douglas:
Good Morning everyone. I smoked my first ribs on Saturday and they came out amazing. Smoked 3 loin back racks at 225-240 for about 4 hours. I was so surprised at how easy it was to make the best ribs I have ever had. Everyone was so amazed at how tender and good they were. I am so thankful to this web site and all the help I have been given to get me started. Can't wait to do it again!!!!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Douglas, Douglas, Duoglas... You, my friend, are SO hooked now!!! Welcome to the darkside!
icon_razz.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats on a great cook!

Back