First few practice runs on KCBS BBQ

oh i assure you its moist and tender, but also wet, I spritz the box before closing the lid to give it the wet look. you can see the water drops around the edge before i wipped them off

Thats kind of what I'm saying. To me it looks like it has gone past "Moist and Tender" and into "Baby oil spayed wrestler from the 90's.";)

Zac,

Good looking box. Like your other box, I would love to try some. But Andrew does have a point. The pork seems to be swimming in sauce. Unless that sauce is neutral in flavor, it very easily can over-power the great flavor of the pork.

Zach, speaking from only doing a couple backyard type competitions and a have yet to receive my CBJ card in the mail, but you may get that trimmed look on your brisket slices better if you square up the flat of the brisket while trimming. Find the grain and square up the flat to a little bigger than actual turn-in size (accounting for shrinkage). That way you get the more square look and a nice bark all the way around the slice.

Ill agree that i think everything looks a LITTLE wet, but all in all id love to judge those boxes.

rb

Back