First cook using Signals and Billows

Well, now, can't argue with those results! Fantastic looking ribs, Bradley!

So.....were they any different (texture, taste, smoke level) than when you have done them without the Smoke/Billows? When I was using an ATC with my WSM, I felt that my ribs were a touch "barkier", and chalked it up to possibly more air movement with the forced draft. While we all know that the WSM is a pretty easy unit to get running stable, etc., I really preferred the simplicity of setting up the ATC target temps and not giving it another thought.

Whaddya think? Game changer for you?

R

Well, now, can't argue with those results! Fantastic looking ribs, Bradley!

So.....were they any different (texture, taste, smoke level) than when you have done them without the Smoke/Billows? When I was using an ATC with my WSM, I felt that my ribs were a touch "barkier", and chalked it up to possibly more air movement with the forced draft. While we all know that the WSM is a pretty easy unit to get running stable, etc., I really preferred the simplicity of setting up the ATC target temps and not giving it another thought.

Whaddya think? Game changer for you?

R
I think so. I didn’t have to mess with the vents at all the entire cook and the fan kicked in as needed. I usually wrap in butcher‘s paper, but yesterday I tried foil. I also re-seasoned at the wrap stage, so I think it was a mix of everything working together. Definitely a fan of the signals/billows combo.

my curiosity is killing me. why the WSM and not your WSK? TY. i just had to get this out. my ADD was killing me.
I’m rebuilding my deck and the WSM was easier to move across the grass. Also, if I’m being honest, I prefer smoking on my WSM. Not because the WSK is bad or anything. It’s because my wife and kids gave me the WSM, and I was cooking for my daughter’s 8th birthday.

Back