First cook tomorrow on 22.5 WSM

Keith Kenney

TVWBB Fan
I am so excited to do my first cook tomorrow. It is going to be a apple brined turkey from this site. I am a little scared. But,they say you have to crawl before you can walk. So this going to be my crawl.

Good luck with your turkey! I just did my first overnight smoke with pork shoulder. I got about 4 hours of sleep.

Thanks all. Turkey is on and chugging along. But I have a difference in temp of about 50% from the gate which is high to the lid but I heard this is the norm. So I am not going to worry to much. I will try to post pics later if I can figure out how to do it.

Well first cook is in the book. Not sure what I did wrong but cooked a 12.5# bird for 2 and half hours. The probe on the ET-732 read 171% at the breast. I took my hand held probe and checked 7 different spots on the breast and all where reading at 165%. So I pulled it off the grill and let it rest for 35 mins before I carved into it. When I craved it it still looked a little raw towards the bone. So I don't know what happened. What could I have done wrong?

Back