First cook this weekend

Just an FYI - The best ribs I've ever made have been done on the bottom grill with a couple of butts or a brisket above. The fat renders and then drips down on the ribs keeping them unbelievably moist. It's a bit of a pain to put them in after the butts or brisket are already on, but well worth it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich_S:
Just an FYI - The best ribs I've ever made have been done on the bottom grill with a couple of butts or a brisket above. The fat renders and then drips down on the ribs keeping them unbelievably moist. It's a bit of a pain to put them in after the butts or brisket are already on, but well worth it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. I do it the other way around. I let the ribs baste the brisket!

Yeah Kevin, 255.
icon_wink.gif

something about sleep deprevation makes me type 1's instead of 2's.

Butts are foiled, came off 1/2 hour ago after 18 hours! perfect 195*. Ribs are glazing.

Successful cook, friends coming over in 1/2 hour, going to blow their minds when I break those bad boys out and pull.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks everyone! I'm hooked.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Great, Dave. Yep, you're hooked. I've got Cochinita Pibil working in the cooker as I type. Just made a tomato-peach salsa for it; pickled shallots chilling in the fridge. My sister just showed with the wine (a good thing as it was high time to move off the vodka).

Life is good, is it not? Enjoy your dinner.

Back