First cook on One Touch Platinum AKA Platypus

Joe Anshien

TVWBB Platinum Member
So I took the grill on its maiden voyage (for me). I cooked some Lamb T-Bones and hot dogs using lump charcoal. It was fun cooking over fire again vs the set it and forget it Masterbuilt Gravity 800. Everything came out great. A few minor issues. I am not sure I am going to get used to the lid handle in the front. To get it on and off I need to use the damper control handle with the front handle. I would definitely have to seal the lid as there is a fair amount of leakage. Also can someone give me an idea on how to seal the tables as they get stained with grease so easily. 20231005_172406.jpg20231005_173332.jpg20231005_173652.jpg20231005_180315.jpg

That is the exact grill I have that I am trying to to replace the bowl on. I think it only has 2 screws holding it on. Can anyone verify this?

@Bob Erdman that looks great! I am pretty sure I have some type of stuff in the garage I will have to try. I know I have some tire shine.
@Regina S Yes same grill 2 screws. Did you check your thread. Someone posted a .pdf with Weber's directions for replacing the bowl.

I had this same grill for a few months and got all cleaned up cooked some ribs on it and had the same problem with stains. i tried a few things then, i removed them cleaned sanded wiped down, and then sprayed on a stain clear coat for plastic and it worked good and looked even better. So good my neighbor had to have and still uses it .

Back