First Butt - New Member

*Matt*

TVWBB Fan
New to the Forum - I have been reading post of the forum for a week or so. I have to say there is a lot of good information. Thanks

Well the wife and I were in the mood for some pulled pork so picked some from Sams yesterday and got started late last night.

Running at about 225 I have a 150 internal temp after 8 hours. The butt is a little over 7.5lbs (I trimmed all the fat off as well) Never touched the fire from 3am-7:30am (had to many beers to stay focued) Thankfully the temp stayed on track, this had to be because the water bowl ran empty. Anyway we have new coalbed and a chunk of hickory in right now.

Ribs are on the table right now getting to room temp.

I will post up some pictures later this afternoon.

Matt,

Welcome aboard! And make sure post those pics dude!
icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry to say the camera died yesterday. Not sure what is wrong with it and has lent out my other to a friend.

I can say that with all that I have read on this forum it really made my frist "butt" experience a great one.

I good this from 12am to 3pm and let it rest for little over a hour. WOW when I started pulling it my friends where all getting samples and saying how good it was. I didn't even sample a bite till my sandwhich and plate of beans and potatoes where ready.

Fantastic! I will for sure being doing this again.

... and another BBQ snob is born.
icon_wink.gif

Ah yes, m'dear, as you progress on with the WSM, you'll find that BBQ joints that you liked before suddenly seem substandard. Your friends will become likewise spoiled. The fun happens when you see a friend take a bite of your BBQ wares, moan, roll his eyes back into head, and murmur "ohhhh!" to himself. (Or in DH Robert's case, the exact words were "d@mn, baby!"

Enjoy!

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa time

Back