First Brisket with Fab "B" on tonight

Lane York

TVWBB Member
Well thought I'd try the Fab "B" injection thing on a brisket. Neighbors have been on me for some pulled pork, (which they bought for me to smoke, how thoughtful!)So figured I try the injection on a brisket since I was firing up anyhow. Got it on at 10:30, texas rub #2, running about 225-230, hickory and apple wood fired with the Minion method. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Oh--and tried the Scipto outdoor lighter, worked darn good for 4 bucks, we'll see how long it lasts. Tune in tomorrow for a follow up.

I know Jim Minion has had succcess with the Fab B...I will be interested to see how it turns out...how about some pics??

8:30 and temp is at 175 in the flat, should be able to post pics if I can remember how. Well I'm off to work--told the wife to pull at 200 and foil to put in the cooler. Follow up post when I return home.

I'm interested to hear what you think of the FAB.

Btw, have you checked out the Smoke Day threads? I think Kansas is still unrepresented...

Well the brisket turned out pretty darn good. I pulled at 190 (probably just a touch too long), rested in a cooler for a couple of hours. Moisture content was pretty good, you could see where the fab b was in the meat somewhat, a little darker in some places then others. The flavor was really good! Now I've done several briskets, and as all of us know, some are better then others. I'll post pictures tomorrow as the batteries need recharging. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied with the results, I'll have to try it some more to figure out if I can get some consistency with my briskets.

If you would "jiggle" the FAB B injected meat a little more often during it's minimum 4 hour dwell time under refrigeration, the robust streaking will be absorbed.
The goal is to obtain an even disribution of the injected mix. The FAB B isn't as forgiving as the others.
Hope this helps

Joe Ames

Back