First Brisket Results

G

Smoked a 10.9 lb brisket for 16 hrs using charcoal and a combo of oak and hickory. I took it off the smoker at 170 deg and finished it in the over for about 1hr and 15 min until it reached 200 deg. Double wraped it and let it sit for about 2 hrs. Ladies and Gentleman meet the new " King of the Grill" for my neighborhood. Everyone loved it and 11 people ate almost all of it. No one touched the burgers and dogs I cooked for backup. The bark was great and the meat was moist and tender. The homemade BBQ sauce I made was the crowning touch. I can't wait to cook another one.

Congrats! You've just conquered one of the toughest cuts of meat to cook. Now the trick is to cook like that consistently. That's where practice makes perfect.

So everybody cooks a perfect brisket the first time out...I thought my first was v good. My third was much better. I am glad you all had great cooks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Petrone:
So everybody cooks a perfect brisket the first time out... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know i did. That was my first smoke on the WSM and that brisket is still in the top 3 or 4 best ones out of the 30 + ones i've done.
icon_biggrin.gif

Mine wasn't perfect but it was good. I left a little to much fat on the top side and the smoke didn't penetrate that side very well but I did enjoy it.

Barry, Congrats on a very sucessful first brisket. What did you use for the "crowning touch", your homemade bbq sauce?

Back