Finishing Ribs in Crockpot

Chris L.

TVWBB Member
I am planning on doing some ribs on Christmas Eve at home and taking them to my family get together. I was thinking of putting them on the WSM in the morning and when they are nearly done, putting them in the crockpot with the sauce to finish. (maybe around 3ish) I can then take the crockpot to my parents and let them finish there. Has anyone ever done this? I'm not sure of the timing and how long the ribs can be in the crockpot before being overdone. We are eating at around 7pm.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Are you leaving your house at 3:00? You want to hold them for 4 hours. No. You shouldn't hold anythig for 4 hours before eating.

Not sure how long it will be in transportation, but you don't want them in the "Danger Zone".

Cook them all the way. Cut them up how ever you want to cut them. Throw them in the fridge. I would sauce and reheat in the oven.

I cook, freeze, and reheat ribs all the time.

I would suggest cooking them a day or two earlier, wrapping them in plastic wrap and putting them in the fridge. Reheat and sauce as you see fit.

Personally, I like to reheat half-racks whole, then slice them up. Slicing into invidual ribs makes me forget I'm eating leftovers.

I would caution against using a lot of salt in the rub.

Back