Finished another Spring flippa.....Silver B Premium....my favorite model....also same as my keeper

Agreed 100%. I have another local resto guy near me that is always telling me that my time invested just isnt worth the $$$ in the end. He is right for the most part. This is a hobby not a job. So if I come across a grill that I really enjoy working on I simply dont care how long it takes to resto. Almost none of my grills are 100% correct OEM .....but when I give it my all they turn out nice and I enjoy that process. On the flip side I often make the same money for a scraped cook box...polished burners......polished grates...new bars......clean up flip. I have no problem slappin in the ole false bottom and saving one from the scrap yard .....but I am clear to the buyer about the patch work and I dont try to pass it off as OEM.
Bruce.....on that example in your pics u do have good metal to screw a false bottom too. That frame looks really good actually. Let me see if I can find some pics of my patch work. The last guy that purchased a Gold from me said wow that looks like brand new!!! I showed him what I did and he had no problem with it. Its a different kind of art :)

Here is a 300 series that I have the false bottom mocked up in...........sure looks better that a bunch of rust!

Attachments

• 20210324_195329.jpg
    20210324_195329.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210324_192753.jpg
    20210324_192753.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 18
." is the Premium B really a thing " but I dont see it on the board yet. Anyway.....I swear I heard it hear on this board. If it wasnt hear then maybe I found it when looking up my serial number........maybe someone will chime in with some actual facts but until they do......its a Premium dang it!!!

My 2000 Silver B was called a "Special Edition."

Came with the following upgrades: double flip up tables, SS flav bars, SS stamped grates, and a mica green lid. Still had the regular gray plastic knobs, handle and end caps. Open cart. The black knobs and doors came later I think.

Yah, I saw it "premium" on the owners manual for a grill I am doing now. It has the black knobs and handles and I think that is what the "Premium" gets you. I thought people were confusing Platinum with Premium.

I convert most of mine to open cart. Like the one I pictured above. I will be doing the same on the one I am working on now.
I honestly don't think I could even secure a false bottom in that grill.

View attachment 26630
Bruce - That is a little far gone but since I like those enclosed carts and they sell for more, I would attempt that. My last one was not quite that bad, but I took a scrap panel from a Charbroil and was able to bend 2 sides to screw into the 2 sides of the bad shelf using a vice and work bench top with hammer. I also may have taken a small L bracket to reinforce the front corners that the door swivels on as it wasn't very sturdy. I wish I had some pics.

Back