Finally OFFICIALLY here!

Greetings all!

I've been checking you guys out for a bit and have finally gotten my log in issues straightened out--THANKS CHRIS!!

Here's a bit about me:

I'm a native Tulsan who was raised cooking on Hasty Bake grills, which have been made here in T-town since 1948. Combine that with a collecting obsession and there's likely not enough sig tag space to list all of my cooking devices . . . :rolleyes: I currently own 13 Hasty's (hopefully 14 after Saturday), three Cook 'n Kettles (also originally a Tulsa product that I've always described as a cast iron Weber Kettle), and a Stumps GF223CM. I was part of a local cooking team called 3 Guys Smokin' for a number of years, which "added fuel to the fire" so to speak.

My last cook on the Stumper was three briskets, four pork butts and six racks of ribs, which needless to say took a LOT of time between prepping, cooking and vacuum sealing. Like most, time is the asset that I never seem to have enough of. I had heard nothing but positive things about WSM's for years, so when I had an opportunity to pick up a used 22.5 I jumped on it. I've decided to put the Stumps up for sale and cut back on the amount I cook--guess I'm just getting too old!

I've gone hog wild with mods which include the additional charcoal grate, handles on both the grate and the lower grill, wheels, four eyelets for my Stoker probes, and the replacement stainless door. Once my new maple handles arrive it will be complete--and then hopefully I'll get a chance to finally cook on it--LOL!! I want to thank all of you who have posted your mods and will get pics of mine up once they're all done, though there's nothing very unique in what I did.

If you're into looking at old grills and want to learn more about Hasty Bakes, check out the forum that I moderate for the company - here. I'm the author of the Collector's Corner section of the forum (which has a LONG way to go before reaching the epic proportions of TVWBB)!

Looking forward to learning more and getting to know some of ya'll better!

Welcome Brad! We'd love to see some pictures of the Cook 'n Kettles... those sound interesting!

Be prepared to have some fun here!

edit: Whoa... just searched for Cook 'n Kettles and Hasty Bakes... those things (new) are cool but expensive! Still love to see pics of your collection!

Last edited:
Welcome Brad!

My niece and family live in Broken Arrow, and they will get her husband's Hasty Bake when they pry it from his cold dead hands!
He does turn out some great food on it, I'm sure the WSM will do the same for you!

Thanks guys!

My mods are now nearly complete with the addition of my new wood handles that came in yesterday from Brian O'Neal. Man he sure does some great work!! I'm looking forward to my second cook tomorrow on the WSM, which reminds me that I need to get a meat order placed . . .

Back