Finally got my Lime Green Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin B

TVWBB Fan
I've been reading this forum for about a year and I decided to take the plunge and get a Performer. I couldn't just settle for the normal colors because I'm odd, so I picked up a Lime Green one from the Crate&Barrel from The Providence Place Mall in nearby Providence RI. What a trip!

I strapped my GPS in the car and it gave me great directions to the mall and I found the store and bought my grill. They told me I had to pick it up at their shipping entrance 4 floors below. Needless to say, I didn't find it for 45 minutes cause it was in a part of the garage that's closed. So I took it out of the box and crammed all the pieces in the back of my Corolla and left the box on the dock. Then my GPS failed me on the way home and I got lost like 5 times...

I got home and put it together in about 45 minutes which is pretty good for me. I wanted to whip up some burgers so I got everything set up when I realized I didn't have a propane tank, lighter fluid or a chimney. This was 7pm on Sunday night. I crumpled newspapers in one charcoal bin and put the other bin on top filled with Kingsford. Worked great except for the sparks. The burgers were very burned as I was cooking in the dark, but still tasted better than my old George Foreman outdoor grill. I put Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauceon, as well as salt, pepper, onion powder, and some Weber Burger Seasoning. They were good for frozen patties!

Well, hopefully with the help of all of you, I can figure out how to use this great grill a bit better. Everyone on here seems so full of knowledge. Well, sorry for the rant.

Congrats on your new grill! I would love to see this color, I havnet heard of it. I love my blue one
icon_smile.gif
Sounds like you had an adventure, something you will remember years from now when your making perfect burgers on your grill.

BTW, if you put sweet baby rays on your burgers while they were cooking, that is most likely why they burned. Anything with alot of sugar in it should be applied at the very end of the high temp grilling cook or the sugar will burn.

Thanks for the tip of no sauce until the end. I basted them four times. Here's the pictures of the Performer.
weber1.jpg
weber2.jpg

Justin, you sure ain't gunna lose that baby or fall over it in the dark LOL

I have a similar green but it's lighter. It's called 'Sage Green' sort of like a pastel green and not as bright as the lime.

I just want to reassure you that you made one of the best investments in your life with the performer.Happy Q-ing
icon_cool.gif

Cheers

Davo

Nice looking Performer!

Now...if you are going to leave it on top of the deck when grilling...get a BBQ mat for underneath it! Just sayin...wouldn't want to be unsafe!

JP

Thanks for the advice John. The green carpet from HD is supposedly fire retardant, but I picked up one of the BBQ mats also as well as a fire extinguisher. Thanks for looking out.

Justin - did it come with a cover? If not, give Weber a call and order up one of the fitted grill covers. You will want to keep that thing covered when you're not using it. Otherwise, passing aircraft may think it is a landing beacon!
icon_smile.gif

Really nice grill - I have a 1992 model and have really enjoyed it since I rescued and restored it last year.

Pat

Congrats on the new grill. I really like that color and was going to order one when I found my 1995 red Performer. I should have bought it at the end of last year when C&B still had them for $299 and they had free shipping. I'm still kicking myself for not buying one then. Anyway, enjoy it.

Wayne

Wow Justin, there is a color of Weber I have not seen since the 70's! We had one green and one classic black.

A page from my 70's Weber catalog.

greenweber.jpg

Hehe, I knew someone was going to ask for the whole catalog. Working on scanning it right now. I will post the link to my photobucket page later.

Thanks for posting the pictures Tim, I'm glad to see Weber doesn't stray far from what's worked so well for them. It's almost as though time stands still for Weber's kettles. It's amazing that the accessories are the same still.

I would love to have that corn n tator rack.
I just searched online they dont exist anymore.

Good book

Justin, congratulations on the new Performer. That color is really cool.

Just want to point out the red kettle on the left is an 18.5" Electric Kettle. See the control knob on the pedestal, but no gas tank? And the orange one is a 22.5" Gas Kettle.

I do have the old rib racks: both a 5 slab and a 10 slab version, never used, new in the boxes. These are a heavier guage wire than the current models, almost as thick as a cooking grate. They also have a trapezoidal shape to them. Recent rib racks are rounded on both ends.

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back