Finally Found myself a RedHead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Guerber.

TVWBB Super Fan
I have been lusting after one for a long time (since my dad had and got rid of his old master-touch). I have been on the hunt for awhile now and have seen some pretty beat up ones or ones that are just too pricey for me. I came across this one a day or so before Thanksgiving. It was a family that posted an ad for a Moving sale. It said they had a Weber grill and since they were pretty close I said I would love to come by a day or two early and give them cash for it. They said it was red so I would have been interested as long as it wasn't too beat up. I get there to find a near perfect condition 1996 Performer for $50 with bbq tools and a vegetable cooker. I wiped it down a bit and took some pictures. Wow, the red's are really great looking in person.

Enjoy!

Newperformer001.jpg

Newperformer003.jpg

Newperformer005.jpg

Newperformer004.jpg

Newperformer002.jpg

<span class="ev_code_RED">Us, Enjoy??!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Scott, you hit the jackpot!!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">It Looks BrandSpankin'New!!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">UNBELIEVABLE! only 50 BUCKS??</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
<span class="ev_code_RED">Us, Enjoy??!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Scott, you hit the jackpot!!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">It Looks BrandSpankin'New!!!</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">UNBELIEVABLE! only 50 BUCKS??</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The enjoy was mainly because everyone loves some pictures
icon_biggrin.gif

$50 was all I paid. I was very surprised when I stumbled upon it. I was hoping it was a master touch but even more happy it was a performer. It looks pretty new except some scratches on the stainless. We are grilling some tri-tip on it tonight to break her in a bit.

Also, picking up a brand new 26'er tonight. Tonight is going to be a great night. Now only if my Lakers can break their 4 game losing streak
icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Guerber.:
Also, picking up a brand new 26'er tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lordy Scott.... now I'm not sure WHICH grill you're gonna love more, the <span class="ev_code_RED">RED</span> or the NEW 26"er, cuz those are SIMPLY FANTASTIC!
My 26" is an old CL find and I use it all the time, would love a new one, butt....

jus'sayin', you're gonna LOVE the space the 26" gives you.
Now, YOU enjoy!

Scott -- Even if your Lakers lost, you can take comfort in the awesomeness of your grill collection.

Nice steal i mean nice buy Scott, thing looks brandnew, sand the ash catcher and paint it red.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Kolodziejski:
wow..is that exactly how you found it, or did you put the black ash catcher on? Thats a great deal and it looks new! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I cleaned it up a bit and put a black ash catcher that I had from another grill. I still have the one that came on it unpainted. I will probably paint one of them red with duplicolor. I wiped the whole thing down and painted some of the frame. Added new hardware. It was in really good shape. There isn't a chip or scratch on the red at all. The ignition wasn't working at first but I cleaned out a spiders nest and now it works like a champ. Bought a brand new SS grate from Weber and she is as good as new.

Super score! I love to read about the great deals you guys get. I feel like I have landed a couple sweet ones myself. I knew I wanted a s/s Performer so I posted a picture w/ a wanted ad on CL. The next day a guy sent me a message and said he had one he was about to put in an auction. He told me it looks like the one in the picture, only this one is red. I asked how much he was looking for and he said, I was hoping to get $40. I said(trying not to scream like a girl)I'm on my way with $40 and that was that. I still can't believe a wanted ad turned up such a great find. It was outside uncovered, but no major dents or dings. I cleaned it up easy enough, and it runs like a champ. $20 in parts and I was in the money. It's a fun hobby, I sure love the thrill of the hunt. Thanks for all of your input on this forum, I look forward to checking it out everyday.

That is one gorgeous redhead! And you say you are joining the 26er club? You have a first class collection. Now the only problem you will face is which one to cook on each night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I will probably paint one of them red with duplicolor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Outstanding find Scott. If your planning on painting the Ash Bowl, the "Ring" polishes out real nice. It'll give it that little extra Bling factor.
DSCN3005.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back