Finally bought my first WSM!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I was driving down the street the day before Thanksgiving and saw a WSM on a trailer with a for sale sign on it. I stopped imediately and asked the guy how much he wanted for it. He said, $50. Needless to say, I bought it on the spot. It is in pretty good shape. The wooden part of the dome handle needs to be replaced and the cooking grates are a little on the rusty side, but I plan to replace those eventually. I have a pork butt and a brisket going on it right now. I have lurked on this board for quite a while now and have learned a lot of things that I have applied to the other smokers that I already own (an ECB, a 22 1/2 weber simpson's grill, and a New Braunsfels Bandera), now I can I apply everyone's knowledge to my new (at least new to me) WSM. I just wish I had found this web site before I had picked out my first smoker.

Reminds me of a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, that found a WSM abandoned in the backyard of the house next door. The tenants moved away quickly and left it behind along with a bunch of other stuff.

Guess it's all about being in the right place at the right time. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Regards,
Chris

Duane,

Lucky you! Try to repair the wooden handle if that is possible, as the new ones are made of a very durable plastic that is functional but lacks that touch of distinction the wooden ones had.

Regards,

Jim L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back