Final WSM Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt J

TVWBB Fan
Wassup all?

I'm currently soliciting ideas for my final WSM cook for the year to be done this weekend. After this weekend I expect to be parted from it for atleast 3-9 months. Any ideas of what I should cook for me final WSM meal?
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif
icon_frown.gif

YEP.........Iraq for an unspecified time period
icon_frown.gif
............which bites.......been there done that already..........this marks my 13th time I have been to the desert in 15 years.

Got shot in Afghanistan..grazed in the shoulder..got hit with shrapnel in the calf on third day of Iraq war......got lucky in the first Gulf War and didn't seem much of anything.....very gratifing job...and hey.........someones gotta do it
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

COMBAT MEDICS.......ROCK
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Good luck to you. I have a son in the service (USMC) and he just got stationed in Hawaii. He has been in for almost a year now and it's only a matter of time before he is deployed. Enjoy you last smoke before you go, from what I understand MRE's really suck. My prayers are with you.

Nick P.

I was stationed in Hawaii for awhile with the 25ID....had a blast...but that was back when all we did was train...................hey.........MRE's aren't that bad...I lived off of them for quite awhile in Afghanistan a two years ago...taking a pack of Texas BBQ #1 and #2 with me.....never know when you may get a chance to cook something LOL..........all I need is a bit of meat........doesn't take much to make an improvised smoker.......and wood isn't hard to come by........WHO knows.....If I do succeed in doing a smoke in Iraq.....I'll have to get some pics with my dig cam.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick P.:
Good luck to you. I have a son in the service (USMC) and he just got stationed in Hawaii. He has been in for almost a year now and it's only a matter of time before he is deployed. Enjoy you last smoke before you go, from what I understand MRE's really suck. My prayers are with you.

Nick P. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt:

Thanks for being there. My prayers/thoughts will be with you. If I can be of any service during your ???... Please feel free to ask. SIL is at Lakenheath RAS. The ribbons are proudly displayed.
icon_smile.gif

I have been to RAF Lakenheath once.......while I was staying overnight at RAL Mildenhall.....nice place.

I'm thinking of smoking another Turkey on the bottom and a ham on the top rack........kind of a Thanksgiving / XMAS dinner thing..........any ideas all?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keith H.:
Matt:

Thanks for being there. My prayers/thoughts will be with you. If I can be of any service during your ???... Please feel free to ask. SIL is at Lakenheath RAS. The ribbons are proudly displayed.
icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt,

Well it's clear to me chicken is certainly not on your menu.

Thanks for your posts. I'm going to miss them. As far as what to cook I'll bet you know what you like.

What I'm waiting for is a post from you asking what to make for your first cook back. I'll be thinking about it and waiting.

May whatever luck the almighty can send your way be yours.

Starting to work out a plan in my head for having my wife ship my WSM to me LOL. Wondering if CAMEL steaks (yes I have had camel steaks years ago in Abu Dhabi inthe UAE when I was on R&R. Wondering if I could get ahold of a Camel roast before they cut it up for steaks.......and smoke it. My question is.....i'm wondering what kind of wood I could get ahold of over there that I can smoke with ? Don't image you can smoke with palm wood.

Rob............dude.............hadn't thought of that............

Thanks all..............I feel good about going......haven't been in country since the fifth day of the war.............spent most of it working and recouping in Saudi..........so this should be interesting. I don't know how long I'll be there...I'm replacing a buddy of mine who's kid is terminally ill. They are letting him coming home a few months early since someone volunteered to replace him for the remaining part of his tour............so it's all good....... GETs me out of visiting the in-laws for the holidays LOL. Plus they take pretty good care of us over the holidays.........generally lots of hot food.......turkey, ham and all the fixings......and you never know who the USO will bring in for a holiday show. Got to see Drew Carry and company years ago in Saudi. They rocked. Were funny as all get go.

Matt,

I just want to thank you for your service and wish you a safe deployment. You and your brothers and sisters are in my families prayers.

THANK YOU!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MattJ:
... Any ideas of what I should cook for me final WSM meal? ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Gee Matt, what a bummer. If you're having trouble deciding, let me ask you this;

What is you're fav WSM prepared BBQ?

Answer, quick!!! What was the first thing that came to mind?

Wishing you and your family all the best,

Shawn

Matt,

I'm proud of you man! Thanks for your service and those with you. You all are in our prayers!

Now, KEEP YOUR DAMN HEADS DOWN!!!

Awaiting a report in 6 months
icon_smile.gif
Take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back