Feeding 29 peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

TVWBB Fan
I'm doing my Company X-mas party again this year. This time we have 29 adults attending.

I was thinking about two 6lb pork butts and two ~ 12-13lb briskets. There's going to be other sides, do you think should be enough?

I think I might do 3 or 4 of those butts if it were me .... leftovers are OK ... my slant is that in my family the butt would disappear faster than the brisket

If each person was to have 4 oz of pork there is just enough, Brisket you have twice that much.
You have about 20 oz person, plus a little.
Jim

I started to say, not enough butt and maybe too much brisket. But then I saw Houston, TX... I would still do one more butt (maybe two), leave brisket amount as you have it.

Depends on the guy/gal ratio (guys eat about twice what gals do). If it's about 50/50, then two 6lb. butts will feed about 24 peeps (per work party wife my recently had that I cooked for). That was just enough.

If it was me, I'd do the 2 butts and only one smallish brisket.

P.S. If I am unsure about how many peeps will show, I usually bring a "bonus butt" and don't warm it up unless I'm about to run out of everything else(although I rarely do, since I'm pretty good at judging the meat/peeps ratio).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back