Favorite Red BBQ Sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Montgomery Inn ... I remember it from when I lived in Cincinnati. The ribs were average (boiled not smoked) but the sauce was real tasty!

BAMA BOB, $10.00 a quart
icon_eek.gif
It better be good
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Bryan, at $40.00/Gallon it must be good! Got a website link?

What is the taste profile...sweet, vinegar,????

Update: I was pricing some of the sauces I have ...$40.00/Gallon is not that far off...LOL

Anthony G, they give you a break on a gallon
icon_rolleyes.gif
it's only $34.00
icon_eek.gif
link for the sauce is on Bama Bob's post DREAMLAND

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony G.:
Hey Bryan, at $40.00/Gallon it (Bama Bob) must be good! Got a website link?

What is the taste profile...sweet, vinegar,????

Update: I was pricing some of the sauces I have ...$40.00/Gallon is not that far off...LOL <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Profile is, hmmm . . . spicy, but not hot with vinegar undertones and just a very slight hint of sweetness. The original Dreamland location in Tuscaloosa is a shack that serves just ribs, sliced white bread (from a local commercial bakery), beer, sweet tea and soft drinks. One of Dreamland's mottos is "No beans, no slaw, don't ask," which gives you an idea about how unique it is. The sauce is so good that most people can go through a loaf of bread, just sopping it up.

I'm really surprised someone did not think that someones homemade sauce was the best. I would think sauce would be like a rub, keep trying to make one yourself until you make one you like,

Dan, thats on my to do list when i retire.
icon_rolleyes.gif
As of now just don't have the time. Open bottle pour on meat and consume mass quanities of Q.
icon_biggrin.gif

Allright i'm just lazy
icon_razz.gif
Later Bryan

Are'nt you dying to know, i am.
icon_biggrin.gif
With shipping it's gonna cost about $16.00 thats nuttttts.
icon_eek.gif
Gotta find out though.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Bryan

Update on the Drealand BBQ Sauce. That price includes shipping.
icon_rolleyes.gif
So for $34.00 a gallon i'm the proud owner of one gallon of Dreamland BBQ sauce. Don't know weather to laugh or cry.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_frown.gif
Bryan

Bryan, when I was a college student in Tuscaloosa I got to know some of the people at Dreamland and found out that they finished their ribs with the sauce mixed with some vinegar to thin it out for basting.

Also, if you serve some of the sauce on the side, make sure it's warmed up real good. Dreamland always has a few crockpots of sauce simmering for customers wanting more for the bread and ribs.

Let me know what you think when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back