Favorite cookbooks?

Sherry N

I'm brand new to grilling and am hoping to learn the basics. I have the Weber cookbook as my guide for now. Any other favorites?

Hi Sherry and welcome to the forum - You didn't say whether you are going with charcoal or a gasser so a couple of books that you might be interested in are Weber's way to Grill, Weber's Real Grilling or Weber's Charcoal Grilling. Another good resource for starting out is Low & Slow by Gary Wiviott. You may already have one of the Weber books. You might also want to take a look at Cooking Topics in here on the home page. Again, welcome. If you run in to problems with any of your cooks, ask away. Lots of online help in here. Look forward to hearing about some of your cooks. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Hi Sherry..
Depending on what you are looking for, there are more than a few suggestions here ( scroll down )
HTH

Tim

new to grillin'??
Weber's Big Book of Grilling
only one you'll need for now.
buy it used, many out there dirt cheap

For beginners, I'd suggest Raichlen, and look for grilling books by Flay, and Batali. All should be fairly basic to get you started but have recipes in them that will get you experimenting with new flavors.

A bit more hard core, I'd look into Tarantino's book and anything written by Chris Schlesinger.

The Dinosaur Bbq book is also great for some easy grilling recipes.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for but there was a short discussion along with a few links from around the site here.... HERE

One book that hasn't been mentioned that I find invaluable is Cook's Illustrated Barbecue book. It has excellent techniques (the best of any book I have read and I have read and own just about every book mentioned or linked to in this thread), covers both gas and charcoal and has some good recipes. For the best recipes, but short on technique, look to Jamie Purviance and Bobby Flay as two of the better writers. I like Steven Raichlen for techniques after Cook's Illustrated.

I'll second the Cook's Illustrated! It's got lot's of techniques and illustrations,plus a few recipes! And can be had for a few bucks on Amazon!

I've got to go with "Weber's way to grill" or Weber's "Charcoal Grilling the art of cooking with live fire" as my favorite dedicated grilling cookbooks. I am going to look into Cooking Illustrated Barbecue book.
Actually, I draw inspiration from all of my cookbooks.

I've got to echo Jim... Weber's Big Book of Grilling is my go to for 10 years now. My wife buys them on sale and we give them as gifts to everybody. There are too many great recipes to get through any time soon, so give it a thought and a try.

Back