Favorite Commercial Rub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean C.

TVWBB Fan
I have liked experimenting and making my own rub but recently, I tried Cimmaron Doc's rib rub and loved it. Anyone have a preference when it comes to commercial rub? How do you doctor them up, if at all? Thanks.

Dean, I was given a bottle of Smokin in the Dark rub as a present. I tried it on some ribs in a contest and came in 3rd. My rub places me in the middle some place. Did 6 b backs for a friend and he said they were the best he had ever eatin.
I'm sold on it.

Bonesmokers, Head Country, and Butt Rub are all great choices, if your looking for a pepper rub for beef try DrBBQ's Crank it up Rub.
Jim

Head Country as mentioned by Jim above is excellent, as are their sauces. My favorite on brisket for some time now has been Smoking Guns (Hot). Lower salt content, and excellent flavor. Fortunately, Phil and Linda's son works here in Tulsa, so when I need a refill I just wait until son goes home or Mom and Dad come to visit, and get delivery service!
icon_biggrin.gif

Favorite on ribs is Bill Arnold's Blues Hog, or the homemade rub included in Chris Lilly's 3-stage competition ribs.

Oh, and Dixie Dust, too. That's some good stuff!

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

Hi,

I'm another fan of the Tesas BBQ Rubs. I sometimes add a bit of cayenne pepper to boost up the heat.

I also make up rubs on the fly. Usually starts with equal parts Kosher salt, turbinado sugar and sweet paprika. then after that its always different.

Al

Another nod for Head Counry Rub and their BBQ sauces Original & Hot. That's some good eats. Also a huge fan of the Texas BBQ Rubs #1 & #2 great stuff. I have some Blues Hog Rub and BBQ Sauce's to try. Hopefully will be able to try them over Christmas.
icon_smile.gif
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back