Fat'z Pig Powder

Toby Keil

TVWBB All-Star
Anyone know where I can purchase some Fat’z Pig Powder and can you still get it? I’ve been making my own rub but thought I would try something different. Any other suggestions on some tasty rubs would be most appreciated.

It's no longer available and that's a good thing.
icon_biggrin.gif

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
I never got to try it Bill. Not very good huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, it is if you like Old Bay ~ Straight. That's what it tasted like to me anyway. Bottom line is, he ran out on alot of his customers. Skipped town and never delivered to a bunch of paid customers.

May I suggest Wolfe Rub? If you like a little heat (not too much) with a sweet rub, you'll like this.
icon_cool.gif

Bill

Thanks for the response, I’ll avoid the Fat’z Pig , plus it sounds like the guy’s history anyway. I’ll order up some Wolfe Rub as a stocking stuffer to myself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill Hays:
Texas BBQ Rub is really good too. Not as much heat and not quite as sweet but a real nice blend. Great on pulled pork!

Good luck,

Bill
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a very good rub. I'm on my 3rd bag. Used it on brisket, pork and chicken. Be sure to order the gloves too.

You can't go wrong with either Texas BBQ rub or Wolfe rub. My personal taste favors Wolfe rub but they are both great products with good service. Fatz is history.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
I never got to try it Bill. Not very good huh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dale, Bob T who posts here gave me a bag to try, he did warn me that it was not that good. It was nasty. Had the texture/mouthfeel of sand. Very GROSS
icon_frown.gif
Not to mention Fatz stole alot of peoples money.
icon_mad.gif

People sent him money and he didnt send them the rub? That my friends is low. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would rub me the wrong way.

Back