Fattie temp

Thanks. I didn't get a chance to check the replies in time...pulled them off at 185. First time I made them and thought they turned out great.

Bob W.

I have over cooked them and they still eat fine but the closer to 160 the better. imho
Provolone in italian sausge is grreat!

Dale, made three fatties this weekend. I was having a problem with the heat affecting the taste of the outside rub so this time I cut the sausage in half,put the rub on both sides of the sausage ,slapped it together and smoked. They turned out great. The rub taste permeated through the sausage. Cheese never worked for me . Always ends up outside the meat after cooking. Maybe I'll have to experiment more.

I have made many of these fatties and you need to try the provolne with Italian sausage I make when you get to Owensboro this year. Its our new Friday night competition thing. Tri Tip and fatties slices served with ice cold cheesecake shots is not a bad thing.

Sounds like a good thing to me! Just one more reason to go to Owensboro!
icon_biggrin.gif

Rick

Yes, I am surely going to do a fattie sometime soon too. How do most of you serve it? Is it for breakfast, or is it in addition to the other items one might bbq for dinner?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisM:
Yes, I am surely going to do a fattie sometime soon too. How do most of you serve it? Is it for breakfast, or is it in addition to the other items one might bbq for dinner? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Dennis, the fatties are for me
icon_wink.gif
I usually cut some up to have with my breakfast.With the rubs I put on them(real hot and spicey) no one really wants them but me anyway. Darn
icon_biggrin.gif

Back