Fair price for used Performer

I'm kind of with you on this, Rusty. Cooking-wise there's absolutely no difference between it, and say a premium kettle. It's mainly about those conveniences and for me it's just not worth it to buy a new one. People on this forum are huge fans and I totally get it, but for most of us we could just stick a table next to our kettle and get the same result.

I can't make up my mind if I want one or not, although I've seen some models with a drop-drown table that looked intriguing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nice looking grill, DrewZ!

I just picked up a 2014 Green Gas Assist, in almost new, I would say 8 out of 10 for $125. Because of where the seller lived, they could no longer have charcoal, so they gave me the Weber cover, chimney (I had two already), 2 bags of Charcoal, upgrade grates, wok, plates, books, cooking utensils, and bunch of other stuff. Well worth the 90 minute drive. Its apart will get a deep clean and will be ready for the weekend.

The deals are out there, just need to be patient.

I waited and waited searching CL daily for almost a year before I found my blue Performer with gas assist (not the newest model, as it has the thermometer located at the top handle) and upgraded grates for $50!! It had been in his storage shed for 2 summers (his wife bought him a new performer) and he just wanted to get rid of it. Like Chris said, just be patient and the deals will come along. You'll see a few deals popping up now, but give it another month or 2 and people will be selling a lot more grills. Like a boat, a lot of people will wait until summer is over and then try to sell their grills..
Good luck,
Tim

I waited and waited searching CL daily for almost a year before I found my blue Performer with gas assist (not the newest model, as it has the thermometer located at the top handle) and upgraded grates for $50!! It had been in his storage shed for 2 summers (his wife bought him a new performer) and he just wanted to get rid of it. Like Chris said, just be patient and the deals will come along. You'll see a few deals popping up now, but give it another month or 2 and people will be selling a lot more grills. Like a boat, a lot of people will wait until summer is over and then try to sell their grills..
Good luck,
Tim

I agree with that, be patient and you can find something. I was trying to but eventually jumped on a heavy duty project.

When you guys are talking about the things included... I'm mentally now adding to my total. I bought the weber cover, new SS replacement grates. charcoal grate and a few other minor parts.

Back