EZ-up tent

G

Hi All,

Was at Sam's late last week to pick up 4 pork butts to cook over the weekend, and stumbled across the EZ-UP 10 ft by 10 ft tent structure to block some wind/rain. There was a posting at one time on a separate topic (on this site) and they posted pictures, and in the pictures I noted an EZ up tent around the smoker.

I searched online and found their site. Sam's had them for under $200. They are easy to put up, and come with 2 rollup side walls, a rollup back wall, and a front wall. I set it up and used 2 1/2 walls (one was rolled up partway to allow more air). It rained during the whole cook, but the EZUP worked great, although the walls are not well equipped for heavy wind. It did fine for the conditions I used it for.

I would post pictures, but I already took it down. You can easily find the EZ up website.

Oh, and more importantly, the butts were/are delicious!

Mark

They are cool tents. Be careful and watch out for strong winds though. They will twist and bend the frame of the Ez-ups. I work at a road race course and after a storm comes through, there are many Ez-ups in the trash cans with trashed frames
icon_frown.gif

I have two of them and they are great. I use them for "camp kitchens" when camping and when a high wind comes thru we generally just lower them as much as possible until the wind passes and then raise them again. A bit of a pain really but saves the trashed $200.00 canopy.

We have been using one for several years. I have a sun allergy so we straddle the picnic table when are camping so that I have some shade. Like the others when there is a chance for strong winds we lower it....tom

Walmart carries one now called a... uh... "Quick-up"? Something like that, anyway, that is $91, goes up quickly like an EZ-up, BUT it has vents in the top of the tent that allow the wind to blow without taking nearly as much chance of the tent blowing away. A competitor-friend of mine in Colorado (Steve in Denver, aka the Denver Cajun BBQ Krewe, if you know him) was telling me about these last night. He's been using two of these at competitions for some time now, and is extremely happy with them. I'll find out from him what the model name was.

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time
Hot Wire BBQ

Keri, does it have sides? Would it be with the camping stuff? Thanks<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keri C:
Walmart carries one now called a... uh... "Quick-up"? Something like that, anyway, that is $91, goes up quickly like an EZ-up, BUT it has vents in the top of the tent that allow the wind to blow without taking nearly as much chance of the tent blowing away. A competitor-friend of mine in Colorado (Steve in Denver, aka the Denver Cajun BBQ Krewe, if you know him) was telling me about these last night. He's been using two of these at competitions for some time now, and is extremely happy with them. I'll find out from him what the model name was.

Keri C, still smokin' on Tulsa Time
Hot Wire BBQ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I picked up two of the 12x12 tents at Sears back in the early summer for about $199 each. They didn't come with the sides though. Great tents once you figure them out (I never seem to have anyone around to help me set them up and take them down, which makes it "not-so-EZ-up"). I'm wondering if they were a discontinued item because the site isn't showing a 12x12 (and I really wanted to get sides for them).

Okay - got it! The $91 Walmart EZ-up style tent with the vents in the top is called "First-Up". Steve told me that screen walls were available separately for it, though walls didn't come with it. He had them, though, and really liked them for keeping the bugs out of the food. Yes, it should be with the camping things.

If you carry a few (4 per EZ up), 2 gallon buckets with you, they work well as anchors when filled with water, and you can empty them out and stack them inside each other as a space saving move, for traveling.

Take additional care in winds, and if the winds really get strong, duck and run for cover if you have to, better you are safe than injured, and better the ez up is screwed than you are.

Back