exhaust vent mods

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

sometimes when i need to bump the temp up and all the vents on the bottom are fully open i have to crack the lid this lets more air out so more air can get to the coals this works but has anyone ever added vents to the top. three intake and only one out seems sorta lopsided let me know what you think

I'm not aware of anyone adding more vents to the lid. You can briefly remove the access door to bump up the cooker temperature.

Regards,
Chris

What temp are you trying to get the WSM up to?

If you use the standard method of firing up the WSM, your problem will be getting the temp down to your target temp. A lot of folks use the Minion method of lighting and bringing the temp up for all their cooks, long or short, but its really suited only for long cooks and can create the problem you describe. Unless you are cooking butts or brisket, stick with the standard method of firing up.

Don't make permanent mods to your WSM until after you have tried other less damaging options and made sure your technique is correct! Read the "Cooking" and "Tips & Mods" sections thoroughly before making any permanent changes to your WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back