Exchanged OTP for the Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Beers

TVWBB Diamond Member
Well you all changed my mind I never opened the OTP and took it back to home depot and exchanged it for the performer. I wanted decent work space and liked the 4 wheels for moving around.I also liked the handle on top of the lid for easier removal.I don't know about the propane assist it just seems wrong.This will be my only grill and for the small difference in price it seemed like the better grill for me.Thanks for all the help.

You will love it Andy, and I'll bet the gas assist will be one of your favorite features.
Starting a fire in the baskets or chimney is a snap.
I shut off the gas as soon as the bottom coals get going, and wait for the rest to catch up.
The charcoal storage bin is also great.

Please post photos of your first cook!

Oh Andy...agree with Bob and Glen you won't be disappointed. I sometimes use the gas assist and sometimes not.It is really helpful though if you are going to use the baskets. The side table is a great asset as well as the four wheels. Let us know what you think when you get a chance to fire it up.

That's the right decision IMO. I would also give the gas assist a shot. I use a side burner for lighting charcoal and as easy as it is to use some paper and a charcoal chimney, I find propane and charcoal chimney easier and faster. You only use the propane for a minute or two so the bottle should last for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back