Ex6 went blank

RogerPrice

Hello. Had something interesting happen on my ex6. I was mid cook on a couple of chickens. After I placed my birds on the cooker, the grill wouldn’t recover to the target temp of 450. Figured it just needed time due to the cold meat. Well after 45 minutes I decided to bump the target temp to 455° to see if I could get some movement. It seemed like it was trying to pick up temps. After a minute or 2, the screen went blank, shut off and turned back on. Now my target temp and probe target temps were gone. I reset all the target temps and the cooker recovered and finished the cook.

Anybody else getting this? Wondering if I need to wait for an update before I attempt any overnight cooks. FYI chicken turned out awesome

Attachments

• 5DF16FD7-CFF5-4B5F-9364-BF1F19027D85.jpeg
    5DF16FD7-CFF5-4B5F-9364-BF1F19027D85.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 0
There have been multiple discussions on this site and others about the loss of temp set point. The latest junOS appears to have corrected that problem. I am guessing that you are not updated on all fronts. Make sure that your app, junOS, and firmware are all updated.

Yes. I believe I am up to date. Hopefully this isn’t a persistent bug.

Attachments

• B86E69F1-555B-4DDB-90F8-5837C687FDD5.png
    B86E69F1-555B-4DDB-90F8-5837C687FDD5.png
    288.4 KB · Views: 12
There have been multiple discussions on this site and others about the loss of temp set point. The latest junOS appears to have corrected that problem. I am guessing that you are not updated on all fronts. Make sure that your app, junOS, and firmware are all updated.
Who would have ever thought that to grill chicken we would have to make sure our app, junOS and firmware were all updated. Just kidding guys, sitting back and gratefully watching all you first adopter's work out the bugs before I take the plunge.

Who would have ever thought that to grill chicken we would have to make sure our app, junOS and firmware were all updated. Just kidding guys, sitting back and gratefully watching all you first adopter's work out the bugs before I take the plunge.
Aaaah. But once the kinks are worked out, this thing is going to be top notch. For the record I’ve had some great cooks so far and this is the only minor glitch I’ve had. No worse than stoking the fire on my wsm.

Back