Ever See an SJ like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian J

TVWBB Member
I`ve had this SJ for about ten years. I got it for free at one of those "end of yard sale, everthing is free deals". The bowl is a C but the lid doesn`t seam to be stamped with a letter. Maybe the lid does not match the bowl? The other weird thing is the paint on the lid has white speckles in it "kinda looks like overspray but its not, the white is in the paint job. These pictures are not the best. Does this lid match the bowl?
http://s1024.photobucket.com/a...iec/webers/OLD%20SJ/

It's very old, But not the first. I like the three vents on bottom. I was at a house a while back and saw what I think was an original SJ in the back yard. It had the long legs like in the Weber Timeline.

I have an old Smokey Joe, three-bottom vent model still new in the box. My Dad has picked up a couple of these in campgrounds over the years as people would abandon them. I think the difference in the lid and bowl coloring is natural weathering of the lid.

The weak point on those models was where the leg comes into the bowl. Those intersections would rust out. Dad would just take the charcoal bowl and sit it in a metal milk crate and keep on cooking!

Nice old grill. Enjoy!

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back