ET-73

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> It's Stogie that uses a Ploder clone stuck through a block of wood. He sits it on the top grate. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>And here's his page ~ Love that BBQ Cart he bought for 40 Bucks!

How do you use the thermo if youre doing ribs? Do you still use the meat thermometer? and where do you place it in the ribs

For ribs I only monitor the top grate temp using the ET-73, not the ribs...I go by time on those, not internal temp. Well, that and the tear method or other methods mentioned here for determining rib doneness.

Sometimes if I throw on a pork tenderloin whilst doing ribs I'll probe that.

Wow....I really like that cart Stogie got at Wal Mart for $40.
Do they still carry it?
I looked on their website, and didnt see it listed.
Anyone know who manufactured these carts?
Maybe I can find it online if I know who makes them.
Thanks all.

Jeff,

Here is a link.

Stogie's Cart

Company named Backyard Gear made them. They've shown up at WalMart and Tuesday Morning that I know of, but I can never get to one in time.

I'm convinced that the only way I'm gonna get one is to make a midnight raid to Ft. Wayne and hope Stogie ain't awake on his back porch tending to a couple of butts. (somehow that just don't sound right)

Just got my ET 73 on Friday and used it on Sunday. What a disappointment. The range from the transmitter to receiver was 18" max. The Gadget Source is sending out a new one so they understand customer service. From what I saw of it if I can get one that works it will be very handy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back