ET-73

Hank Hill, the zero'd out feature must be new. mine doesn't do that when it loses signal, it just continues to show the last read temps. i wish mine did zero out. the only way to tell sometimes is if the temps don't change for awhile, i go out side and look at the outdoor part. usuually it will fix itself and start reading again, but every once in a great while i have to turn everything off and back on.

Thanks Rich--interesting that they don't list a 6 foot "smoker probe" just the food probe. Good to know the food probe works just as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Suh:
thank you Hank, appreciate all the tips. Those pictures are really helpful.

I've just ordered eyelets from BBQ Guru. I've read I can thread multiple wires through it. I'm hoping I can get both wires through the eyelet. I'm somewhat finicky and like clean looking setup... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey John - mentioned this in another post awhile back. I have used the eyelets from BBQ Guru and also have a set of longer heavier duty probes from Maverick.

AFA the eyelets - when you receive them go right out to your local hardware store and take one of the stainless allen head screws and nuts with you and get a few extras. These screws can have their threads damaged due to using them to overtighten to crush the insert. This can cause the threads to be damaged to the point that they cross thread on the way out and will break off. This is ok except that you need the screw and nut for the second insert
icon_smile.gif

Also - I have a pair of the heavy probes. Reason they don't list a smoker probe separately is because the HD probes take the higher heat ranges. So using them for either purpose is ok. The original probes have different hi heat limits (cheaper units to keep the price of the ET73 kit down).

Back