ET-73 vs NU-701 Method of Transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could keep working with Maverick if you have the patience ... I'm pretty happy with my ET-73 but I'm not you.

Try to take it to a flat surface like a football field and test the range. If it works there, the problem is with the environment around your house.

There are a number of things that can cause problems at home ... communications equipment operated by you or your neighbours, tv or computer monitor directly between you and the TX unit, overhead powerlines or the alien spacecraft hovering outside your home with the cloaking device on
icon_cool.gif
Dunno.

It's a great unit and too bad Maverick didn't have adequate inventory control to deal with the problem better ....Good Luck

Well, I gave up on these units because, if it is something in my house, I can't change that and I don't think I am ripping anything apart just to find out. David from NuTemp emailed me and stated the NU-701 transmits on 433 Mh. What I am curious about, does Maverick use the same frequency and signal strength? David emailed Maverick to try and find out but had no response.

Jeff, Only about an 1hr 45 min - 2 hrs away. Used to go down to Nazareth and watch the Dirt Mods Race on the 1/2 mile and the 1 mile that is now asphalt. You can try my NU-701 first before you buy one. I can send it to you, Just a thought, Bryan
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Jeff, Only about an 1hr 45 min - 2 hrs away. Used to go down to Nazareth and watch the Dirt Mods Race on the 1/2 mile and the 1 mile that is now asphalt. You can try my NU-701 first before you buy one. I can send it to you, Just a thought, Bryan
icon_wink.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian, what a very generous offer. But I hate to put you out for such a thing. I will put your offer on the back burner though, just in case.

Well, I just returned my 5th ET-73 and purchased the NU-701 and it works MUCH better. I now can use the receiver inside in my living room and relax on my couch and monitor the temp. More expensive, but worth it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bryan S:
Jeff, Glad to here it. Even with having the guru i still use my NU-701 every time i cook. Bryan <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Likewise
icon_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back