ET-73 replacement?

Phil S

TVWBB Super Fan
I finally had enough and launched my ET-73 receiver against the garage wall . It's the 4'th replacement from Maverick and I'll be darned if I'm going to mess with their worthless junk any more. A 30' line of site range isn't even close to their advertised 100 feet and I'm really tired of loosing the signal.

Yes, it was childish behavior but I did feel better.
icon_smile.gif
I went and mowed for an hour and came back and stomped on it for good measure. Later tonight I plan on tossing the pieces in the bonfire.

If I had simply bought a more expensive unit from someone else, I'd be money ahead. Now I'm not only out the initial cost but all the return postage as well. Never again will I buy one of their products.

Has any one had any range issues with the other brands?

for what you want - remote temps with alarms for meat and smoker, I think nu temp is your only bet. Some folks have said they get better range, but I've heard the opposite as well. Hope you find what you are looking for. my et-73 works like a charm...

Phil, Did it work any better after you did all that? Only Kidding!!! The only way I could get a 100 feet reception from mine would be if I threw it.I've learned to live with it's limitations. Couldn't do my cooks without one.

Phil , I can feel your pain , I got one for a present and it would not work .I messed with until I felt like the dumb kid in class , then my wife messed with and I had to hear that .
Long story short I sent it back, Darren made it right with me with a new one and it worked like a charm. Kudos' to him.
I did my first brisket with it and had no problems.
I only wish I would have been there when you did that , I love a good hissy fit. lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Jocsak:
This is an old thread but may help. I know exacly what you are talking about.

Nu-701 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh.... From Nazareth, PA. I grew up in Lower Nazareth and lived my first 26 years there. I'
m only 27 so I haven't been gone long!!

say Hi To Martin Guitar and Pizza Joe's, and Joes's Steaks for me!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Burch:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff Jocsak:
This is an old thread but may help. I know exacly what you are talking about.

Nu-701 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh.... From Nazareth, PA. I grew up in Lower Nazareth and lived my first 26 years there. I'
m only 27 so I haven't been gone long!!

say Hi To Martin Guitar and Pizza Joe's, and Joes's Steaks for me!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny I've lived here for about 25 years and have neighbors that work at Martin's and I never took the tour yet.

Pizza Joes...Hmmmm

Back