Estate Sale Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank D

Stopped by an Estate sale today, and found a Lodge, Grill N Sear, cast iron grate designed specifically for the Weber 22.5 inch grill!!, this information is on the directions in the box. Never used, in the box.. They must not make it anymore, I tried to look up online, seasoning in oven now.. Should make some serious Sear marks.

Combined with my Performer Stainless, I just found on Craigslist, I'm in Weber Heaven.

It was all lonely in the corner with a bunch of useless grill tools.. Only $20.00

Can't wait to use this weekend. Can you say Steak Dinner?

Hope they come out Enjoy

[IMG:left]
LodgeGrillNSearCastIronGrateforWeber225009.jpg
[/IMG]

LodgeGrillNSearCastIronGrateforWeber225010.jpg
[/IMG]

LodgeGrillNSearCastIronGrateforWeber225011.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh what a score that is!!!!!
icon_eek.gif
I would love to have one like that! I wonder if lodge would ever consider making those again? I like that it's only two pieces rather than five.

Thanks for sharing those Hank.

I look forward to testing, more pictures to follow
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sure if they marketed to this group( Virtual Weber) they would sell pretty well, given people are paying $85.00 plus shipping for the 5 piece cast iron grate

Lodge Never really throws away templates and molds. Also the nature of making cast iron is not alot of retooling. So if someone could make a call to them and we get enough commitments. They may make a run of them.

That sure is an excellent find! Now I have to start combing garage and estate sales but the likelyhood of finding one like that is probably pretty rare. It sure would be nice if Lodge started making them again...

I contacted Lodge about the availability of these grates. Here's the response I got back.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">At this time we have no plans in returning to inventory, but I will pass
you request to our Product Department.

Thank you,

Reba Wooden
Customer Service
Lodge Manufacturing Company

</span>

Perhaps if enough people contact Lodge, they'll rethink putting the Weber grate back into production.

Bill

Thanks Bill, By the way, Reba has this thread
icon_razz.gif
. I think if enough people show interest production might consider it.

Originally posted by Bill Freiberger:
Perhaps if enough people contact Lodge, they'll rethink putting the Weber grate back into production. Bill
Unfortunately, I don't feel there's enough potential buyers for this great grill. The CI grill they offer now is usable on both Charcoal and Gas grills. This grill is specific to the weber kettle.
icon_frown.gif
(sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back