Essential Genesis Rehab tool "GO BAG"

I would consider a "go bag" something to have in the car in the likely event you'll come across a roadside find, not something that would be used to rehab the grill on the spot.

I agree. When I saw the thread title, that’s what I thought this was about. I have the Honda CRV SUV so I want to take the cover off to fit the grill in my car. With the cover off, I put the grates, flavorizer bars, shelves, and burner tubes and manifolds in the cover to keep it in one place. Then I can put the grill inside my CRV. I don’t try to get the cook box off the frame as it’s too Hard to do away from the house.

I wish the US would just give up on the standard system and go Metric. I used to buck it thinking it would be nice if they just waited until after I leave this earth, but I am getting tired of needing two sets of wrenches and sockets and instruments. It is getting so that were are really starting to phase out standard measurements, but no far along enough to not have to keep a full set of standard tools on hand all the time.
main-qimg-be0ba71a1bca3ca00c346a7529acd5c9.jpg

Holy thread bump!

And timely. I had a curb alert this weekend and I had to move ASAP to get across town and beat the scrappers.

1) I carry a Gerber keychain multitool that covers all my hand drivers and needle nose.
2) I've gotten to the point that I leave the 7/16 adapter right on the cordless drill, so into the bag it went along with
3) hammer
4) linesman pliers
5) giant cardboard box

I felt pretty confident when I got there, but I wish I'd had a socket wrench.
A tool I don't own but should is a rubber mallet.

Holy thread bump!

And timely. I had a curb alert this weekend and I had to move ASAP to get across town and beat the scrappers.

1) I carry a Gerber keychain multitool that covers all my hand drivers and needle nose.
2) I've gotten to the point that I leave the 7/16 adapter right on the cordless drill, so into the bag it went along with
3) hammer
4) linesman pliers
5) giant cardboard box

I felt pretty confident when I got there, but I wish I'd had a socket wrench.
A tool I don't own but should is a rubber mallet.
Why do you need all that to pick up a grill? I get why 1 and 5 are very important.

Why do you need all that to pick up a grill? I get why 1 and 5 are very important.
I drive a sedan (Rivian truck won't be here until July), so I have to strip carcasses I find and leave the frames behind.

When my brother's truck is available I don't take any tools with me at all. Just 2 ratchet straps and a moving blanket to protect his paint.IMG_20210503_105718.jpg

I drive a sedan (Rivian truck won't be here until July), so I have to strip carcasses I find and leave the frames behind.

When my brother's truck is available I don't take any tools with me at all. Just 2 ratchet straps and a moving blanket to protect his paint.View attachment 27315
Hitch and cargo carrier would solve that problem. In fact I am thinking of getting a hitch for my Prius so the carrier can go on either car.

Haha no, not for the pickup kit, but definitely in the rescue kit. This thing cleared a ton of spider nests from the inside. If just going to pickup, 7/16 wrench is all you need to break it down enough to fit in the car. And a drop cloth too I suppose.

Back