EP 330 not lighting

Andy in MA

TVWBB Fan
My 2011 Weber Genesis EP330 is acting funny. The very first burner (far left side) wont light. The sear station, 2nd and 3rd burners light fine, so I know the push button igniter is working. Any ideas? I'm guessing the ignitor at the burner is faulty. Any have any experience replacing these?

I had exactly the same problem. I ordered the Weber kit 7629 for 31 dollars from Ace.

The kit comes with all four igniters, the ignition module, the button, a battery and the wire clips. I changed out everything in the kit and also I cleaned the rust off the burners right where the igniter would spark.

Problem solved, I look at it this way three plus years of service for 31 dollars. I can live with that.

I hope the fix for yours goes as smooth as mine did.

I think there may be some service instructions on the Weber site... IIRC the fault is usually at the spark gap... Take a look and confirm the electrode hasn't been bent and the gap is clear of crud. Next clean both sides of the gap with alcohol. If that fails... Probably time for new parts. Not sure how long the warranty is on igniters...

I'm not familiar with that model but if it has a passfire tube that passes flame to the burners, I would suspect there's grease or rust that prevents the flame from traveling to the unlit burner. A soft wire brush should clear it.

Back