Enough for an army!

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Cauldron of chili in the oven, I actually made it yesterday (day 2 is always better!)
Rack of pork, ready to hit the grill.
Roast Carrots.
Roast Beets.
Hoppin’ Johns.
Corn sticks to be made later.
I've had this planned for a while, can’t stop without throwing parts of it away and, I hate wasting food!
The Power person here had a mild stroke on Boxing Day and everything has been a circus all week. This gives me some sort of feeling of normalcy.
Her recovery has gone very well so, life will return to our previous state of confusion and the world will stay in its orbit.
Happy New Year!

Attachments

• IMG_0880.jpeg
    IMG_0880.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0878.jpeg
    IMG_0878.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0877.jpeg
    IMG_0877.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0879.jpeg
    IMG_0879.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0876.jpeg
    IMG_0876.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 23
And the results…
Carrots, as requested by SWMBO!
The “Rack” and roasted beets.
Apple garnish.
Hoppin’ Johns.
Chefs plate!
I had some unusual thermo pop readings but, I will write that off to “festive error“ (stress and cocktails)
it was a BIG hit, super moist pork, succulent, flavorful “Damn Skippy” with a nod to chef Bourdain (And Janet Evanovich).
The plates were virtually licked clean.
Happy New Year!

Attachments

• IMG_0881.jpeg
    IMG_0881.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0882.jpeg
    IMG_0882.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0884.jpeg
    IMG_0884.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 13
So glad to hear the she is on the mend. I know (first hand experience) those things are scaaaary. I could not believe how fast I had more needles and tubes in me than I could count. Pumped me full of blood thinners I guess. Anyway gotta be a huge relief

Hope she is doing ok Timothy and that pain relief does the trick.
This food looks great, definitely agree on chilli being better after two days.

Fired the vortex to do some wings last night, made 30 between us we only ate maybe ten! I just didn’t want them but, I had to cook before they went “off”. I am just a little off my feed right now. I might need a visit to a burger joint after todays medical antics.

Wow, what a country, the incredible communication network we have and the damned doctors office didn’t have the sense *GOD gave a goose”! They cancelled the back procedure and not a pee was shared with the patient! I’m not happy, Mama ain’t happy and, that means…ain’t nobody happy!
what a huge waste of time and money!

Needle surgery? Acupunture? Spine injections? Fluid? No answer necessary.
Just hoping all goes well when it happens. Or things turn out even better

Did some grocery shopping today, disappointed with a lot of the offerings but, that’s just as fluid as doctors understanding that the world does not Revolve around them.
Really, we are OK, appreciate the prayers.

I have some experience dealing with the medical system.

For what it’s worth:

Buy a journal, have it with you to every appointment and every phone call.

Make notes including the name of every person you talk to and a summary of what was discussed. Any medication or procedure ask what exactly it is and why- more notes.

Just asking for a name “how do you spell that” gets people’s attention.

Have medical history and medications at the ready, and expect to be asked for the same information every time.

If you are having any difficulties in a hospital, ask to speak to the patient advocate- hospitals in the northeast have them- their job is to listen to your concerns and help you.

Just a few things that have helped over the years.

Back