Enhanced Turkey Breast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems I can't get ahold of a Non-Enhanced turkey breast anywhere in my area for some reason.

I really was looking forward to doing a honey-brined breast.

Is there any way I can brine an enhanced turkey breast without messing it up? The lowest enhanced ones I can find say 7% solution.

I have brined a whole enhanced turkey before and it turned out great....

You really should be able to find bone in turkey breast...with the legs and wings already removed...they will not be with the regular turkeys and chickens that are whole and frozen...they are packaged different...they are packaged with the styrofoam bottom and plastic wrap...

I have cooked about 5 turkey breast on my rottiserie over the last month because of my wifes diet...no seasoning at all...they turn out great so I know that brining one and putting on the the WSM will be awesome...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
Seems I can't get ahold of a Non-Enhanced turkey breast anywhere in my area for some reason.

I really was looking forward to doing a honey-brined breast.

Is there any way I can brine an enhanced turkey breast without messing it up? The lowest enhanced ones I can find say 7% solution. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with ya man! I can't find anything but the "pressure treated" ones myself..lol...

I've brined them with pretty good results. Just be careful with the SALT! I mean with your rub. I smoked 2 last weekend, and used a saltless rub recipe. They were still salty to me. They were good, but nothin' to write home about though. I love my WSM, but for my taste, deep fried turkey is better!

Jim in Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back