Endless Summer

Dave Witt

TVWBB Member
Brisket and ribs on the WSM.....The brisket was one that didn't make the comp cut....and we've got the rib comp next weekend...guess I should learn how to cook ribs on the WSM....

On a side note...we are doing an "endless summer" here cooler is loading up with bev and ice we are going to set the tent up in the back yard and have a fire in the fire pit tonight....and let the boys got to sleep whenever they want...oh yeah..we will be spending most of the day in the neighbors pool...its finally hot and not raining...

I think this is the 2nd time of done them on the WSM….they didn’t stick around long….the better part of 3 racks of ribs…gone….D had 7 bones….

And a couple of Rootbeers….straight out the bottle BOY

I decided to foil the brisket….

Foiled and moved the brisket to the top grate…added some Mac and Cheese (Frozen from the store) and a couple of potato packets to the bottom grate…..

Everything looks good. I'd rather be in your situation right about now.
icon_smile.gif

Brisket is done..came out pretty good….Some of the brisket juice landed on the mac and cheese….talk about real good stuff….If there is any burnt ends left…I think they might go into some crock pot chilli….I’m stuffed…now its some much deserved hammock and fire time…

Good lookin cook Dave and I love that you camp out in the backyard with your kids. My mom and dad did the same thing when we were kids and those are fond memories I will never forget. Now send me those burnt end will you
icon_biggrin.gif

Dave, the food looks amazing! I looked at the other pictures in your photo album. Is that a Ranch Kettle you are cooking the chickens on? If so, what do you think of the Ranch Kettle?

Forget the Ranch, how about the Outhouse Smoker in pic 1359 (page 6 of album) and pic 1119 (page 5)?? I can see the firebox on the left, smoke tubes feeding in, and thermometer in the door. Whaddaya smoking in there, a side of beef? Dare I ask? Or is it really an outhouse, set up as a visual joke? If so, that is a pretty good one....

Yes that is an RK…it was a fathers day gift last year…and I love it…you can truly cook indirect, and cook a whole meal on it. I’ve also played around with it as a smoker which is fun as well.
As for the smokehouse..its not an outhouse but a smokehouse a buddy of mine built it with me this spring. The exterior firebox is mainly to produce smoke….I heat it with an 5000w element….we hid all the controls on the back..here are the pics of it being built if you are interested..
The build thread is here http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12895&start=0
We had to rework are original design and switch from propane to electric.

Back