Electric Weber?

Interestingly enough Larry, but that photos is taken right on the shore of Lake Petenwell at Juneau County Wilderness County Park. And yes that is snow. The photo shows the date 4-27-2017. It wasn't even our first trip out for the year. hahaha
However, the first trip provided much better weather.

Here are a couple more photos of that trip.

BYdZzgo.jpg

ufubYA8.jpg

Talking if loosing weight, etc, you really have to look at portion control more than what you eat. You need to eat a variety rather than leaving something out. If you look at what a portion is you will be verry surprised. Silly man, beans go on skewers !

Oh I know George. Believe me I push this big fine body away from the table far sooner than it wants. I think the hikes around the river are beginning to do some good though. I have noticed less "issues". I think it's just that I'm not 35 any more and cannot simply drop weight and ad muscle like I used to. 30+ years take it outta you.
Bruce I guess small world eh? That Petenwell area is a pretty extensive flowage. I know some of those boat rides out there were pretty long (or maybe the cold made it seem like that LOL). I know that trying to stay warm up there is most likely what helped produce our first daughter ;)
I do want to get the little guy up on the Madison chain so he can experience a "real" lake where I can wind the boat out and there are larger areas to fish rather than our little state park here in northern IL (you can look it up Rock Cut State Park). I like the state park because it's safe. No alcohol is allowed in the park (the DNR state police will throw your butt out if caught) so no drunken boat operators, engines larger than 10hp have a no wake restriction so some of the jerks that love to buzz you with their 500hp boats are eliminated, jet skis are not allowed either (hate those things). So basically when out there with a child it's easy to work with. It's also a little more relaxing and most importantly it's free and I can have the boat on the water in 30 min after leaving my house

Last edited:
Larry, I understand all those reasons for liking the place down by your house. If you have ever been on the water in the Wisconsin Dells (Wisconsin River or Lake Delton), then you really know what drunken, rude, and crazy boaters are all about. Add in the tour jet boats, Duck boats and tour boats and it is a dangerous proposition to be on the water in anything less than a deep 16' boat in the summer.

Yep and I'll bet all those people causing all the grief are all flatlanders (Illinauseans). I know I fall into that geographic classification but I behave myself on the water. I don't drink before or during boating, respect fishing rules and wildlife and all regulations. The Madison chain is not too bad though. For the most part even in a smaller boat as long as you're careful you can get along ok. My boat is a MirroCraft Deep V (resort style) with a deep transom (need long shaft motor) with a 15 electric start Evinrude, a bow mount MinnKota, front mounted elevated seat and electronics front and rear. Gonna try a post with the boss, the youngest daughter and her little guy on the boat and see if I can get it to work
14bkz07.jpg

Well whaddaya know. I got a photo up LOL I'll try another from the Kishwaukee near my house
1etfrl.jpg
w075ty.jpg
r8ys6d.jpg

So these are around the Kish. The Kish is rated as a class A stream (very clean) and these photos are all taken less than 2 miles from my house

Back