El Gaucho Lump Charcoal

I wanted to follow-up on this lump. This is very good stuff. It sparks very little while lighting, has a nice aroma, produces very little ash, and has a decent size distribution. Also, I would compare it with Wicked Good weekend warrior lump. The store I got it has a huge stack of it. I will definetely go back and get some more.
Mike

Mike,

Where did you get the stuff? I live in NJ too and I'm always looking for places local to buy new different, better, lump. I notice you've got some Hump Lump too. Did you get that locally?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,
I bought it from a C-Town supermarket (in Plainfield off of South Avenue). They have a huge stack of it. I got the Humphrey's lump from Fred's bBQ store in PA. This past winter when I was getting low on charcoal I took a road-trip to PA to hit Cabelas and Fred's. He has several different types of lump. I also picked up some Ozark lump as well. Another place that has good lump year round is Home, Hearth, and Grill in Whippany. In the past I have bought wicked good and dragon's breath lump. The dragon's breath is good stuff - very similar to Hump.
Mike

Thanks Mike!

I frequent Home, Hearth and Grill, nice folks and good stuff. The Cabelas/Freds combo trip is a great idea. I head out to Cabelas every so often and never thought of that. Duh.

Guess I'll be driving down to Plainfield before the weekend and pick me up some Gaucho. I'm planning on trying a bottom round roast this weekend.

Thanks for the info!!

Back