Eight Butts on the WSM

That is truly pork awesomeness. Nice work Tom. I too have gone to no water, clean up is SO much easier. And the temp stability is still just as good as with the H2O.

Everything went great fellas! Using the minion Method with the coffee can in the center I started the cook at 2 pm. the ring was full to the max with coal. I cooked 4 BB's varying in size from 7-8 lbs each. It maintained a temp between 225-250 (at the lid) through the entire cook. The cook took about 14 hrs. towards the end I had to add a half chimney off charcoal due to the inclement weather! Then there was the triple threat of crap conditions WIND, RAIN, 30 DEGREE TEMP through half the cook!! The WSM truly is great!!! it handled all those issues easily. The final product was better than i expected... Unfortunately I did not take any pictures because of the weather and I kinda forgot...... I was too focused on the cook. This was My first attempt at pork butts and was cooking them for a concession stand. they came out phenomenal!! This was my 4th time using the WSM and the feedback was amazing on the Butts. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!! GOD BLESS WOOD, FIRE, MEAT, AND THE WSM

Sounds like you nailed it Matty, nice job. Now, the secret is to not tell them know how easy the WSM makes it, let em think you slaved over the smoker for the entire time!

Back