Eating our way through the freezer

Talk about freezers being too full, DH made turkey stock and had 3 qts. of it. Had to cook it down some more. Only had room for 2 qts.

Last edited:
Talk about freezers being too full, DH made turkey stock and had 3 qts. of it. Had to cook it down some more. Only had room for 2 qts.
I usually wait until I have about 3-4 1 gallon freezer bags full of bones and vegetable scraps to make stock. Then I do 3 batches in the instant pot for 2 hours each. This time I did 1 batch in the 16qt pressure canner and by the time I was done adding a chicken and vegetables for soup it was full! Froze some, eat some, and bringing some for a pot luck tonight. This is one I have. It can do 7 QT bottles at a time. I had to edit the post as the one I originally linked to did not have pressure gauge. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000QJJ9NY/?tag=tvwb-20
1670261216780.png

I use my pressure cookers a lot for making stock/broth. Gets the job done in literally minutes as opposed to hours

I use my pressure cookers a lot for making stock/broth. Gets the job done in literally minutes as opposed to hours
We went from day / days to hours. My wife started making the bone broth and did it on the stove and it would be a full day or span muliple days if something came up. I took over with the pressure cooker. Some ACV and 2 hours is what I use. When making soup I like to add parsnips if I find them and it gives it a nice sweeter flavor.

Back