Easter menu?

I am going to deep fry a couple turkeys and smoke a brisket. My niece and her daughter are coming for Easter so am going to try my culinary skills on them. My sister is going to make the side dishes. Mashed potatoes, gravey, and potato salad. She makes the greatest potato salad, I am sure there will be much more that will be enjoyed. For all you Wisconson Q'ers my niece is coming from Appleton. Hope she brings me some cheese and brats!!

Paul

On Good Friday in Australia, the traditional food consumed by christians is fish, over the years this has expanded to seafood. We would not think of eating red meat on Good Friday.
I have been nominated by a group of my friends to host the Good Friday meal. So what to have, how about this:

· Deep fried, bite sized, curry rubbed, fish pieces.
· Mussels with Thai Sweet Basil (I just finished developing this recipe for the Q.
· Garlic Prawns (done in the Wok on the Kettle.) served in small crusty roll baskets.
· Satay Calamari (also done in the Wok on the Kettle.)
· Cedar Planked Salmon served on a bed of grilled asparagus drizzled with a sweet Dijon mustard, lemon and honey sauce.

Mixed Deserts - this is always a bake-off competition between the wives and is pure decadence. We men do not get involved in this at all except for tasting. (Woe betide the man who doesn't stick up for his wife's desert.)

I guess that we may have a quiet drink or two whilst consuming this repast, only because the day ends in “Y”

Sunday is Rib and Chicken day This will be at one of my friends houses, But I have to cook, (again).

Regards

May not break out the WSM for Easter. The meat will be ham so it's probably more up to the weather than anything else whether or not I heat up the ham on the WSM. Other than the ham, nothing special, but all good:

Corn, green beans, sweat potatoes, bread and some type of fruit pie (apple or cherry) with ice cream.

Not cooking for Easter, we're eating out that day, but I'm doing a brisket over the weekend as a "practice run" for the following week, when I have ~35 people coming to taste my 'Q. Doing 4 butts and 2 briskets for that crowd. Can't wait. Yumm.

We changed our menu a bit this year. Normally do a big ham and all the fixin's but the wife requested a smoked turkey this year so now we are having ham, turkey and all the fixin's to go with it. The women in my family also have a dessert feast going on with more desserts than side dishes usually. Last count we got about 40 people coming including 25 or 30 kids. Do I have any volunteers to help clean up my house afterwards?!!!

Randy

Phil, your menu sounds delicious! Would you have an empty seat for Texan?
icon_wink.gif

Transporting the WSM to my MIL for a Prime Rib cook. I will have 2 or 3 ~5-lb roasts to cook. I will probably be following the Montreal Steak Rub recipe, unless I find another interesting one for one of the roasts. I'm not too sure what else is planned, but I believe a delicious peach cobbler is in the works for dessert.

I won't be firing up my WSM on Easter but I'll have my 22.5 Weber Kettle in full swing...I'll be at the race-track w/ my family...It's an Easter tradition....Chicken and brats will be on the menu!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Ron

Going to do a huge green ham on the WSM starting Thursday night. Not for Easter, just because I can, and I need food for lunches.

Mickey, show that Wisconsin niece some good Q and she's gonna struggle when she gets back here (unless of course she has the good fortune of meeting a fellow WSM enthusiast!)

A leg of lamb on the kettle.
A ham on the WSM
Fresh and smoked sausage
Perogies
Sweet potatoes
Salads
Desserts
And no thanks to the weatherman- 35 and partly cloudy!
icon_cool.gif

Windy City Smokers

I will be cooking a boneless leg of lamb on the Weber Rotisserie. I will supplement the lamb with roasted red potatoes, caesar salad, and fresh asparagus wrapped in prosciutto.

I may cook the potatoes in a dutch oven. Not sure yet.

Back