Duraflame Charcoal Alert!!!

Paul H

TVWBB Gold Member
While strolling through my local Schnucks/Walgreens supermarket yesterday I stumbled on a pallet of Duraflame Charcoal. Neat display. They are all packaged in plastic 20 lb buckets with a NASCAR logo. Great container for storing and keeping charcoal dry. The price was 5.99 a bucket. What a dilemma , I just switched from charcoal to lump. So I bought some just for an emergency
icon_smile.gif
. Duraflame is a good sub for those who want to dump Kingsford. Check out your local Schnucks/ Walgreens food store.

Thank you ! I'm on my way to Walgreens with my fingers crossed.
icon_smile.gif
- btw, it's a little tough to drive that way
icon_smile.gif

Paul

Funny, I was just about to post something on this.

I sent an email to Duraflame customer service about where to buy Duraflame in the Northeast. Here's what they said:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> You should be able to purchase our hardwood briquets at the retailers
below within the next few weeks (April). You can talk to the stores to
see if they can provide you large quantities:

-Demoulas
-Shaws
-Big Y
-Stop and Shop [/list]

I asked about large quantities... they said that we could try and see if we could work out something with those stores to see if they'd do something for us. Since they are all grocery stores, I'm not too sure if they'd do that. However, if they sell large quantities as it sounds like paul h. found at wallgreens, then it won't matter.

Very cool...

My Kroger had those marked down in the fall. They had a coupon inside the bucket for either 50 cents or a doller off. I have left three out all weather and the charcoal inside is still dry. I think I ended up paying $2 a bucket. I wound up with the 10 they had left.

Back