Dr's Orders

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Burrus:
Once a notion is generally accepted as fact, more money is made and more studies are funded to more firmly embed the "fact." The world view becomes so powerful that we stop looking elsewhere for answers and those patients who do not conform are considered outliers and their data discarded or ignored. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is say it all. Welcome to humantity.

So, tmfast, how are you feeling? What does your doctor say?

Gary

Kevin,

I bow to your superior intellectual rigor. Now I'm going to go outside and look for the circling black Lipitor helicopters.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin S.:
Steven Milloy? Are you serious? Isn't he the same guy from Fox TV that denied ANY human involvement in global warming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As an engineer who's paid by NASA and actually has my signature in Sharpie on Mars I take offense to the effect of humans on our climate I grew up in the 60's and 70' were we were under threat of an Ice Age,and now we are under a condition were the earth has actually cooled over the last 10 years, but "Global Warming" alarmists still run rampant.

Studies are just that, studies, how many have been publised that don't support there sponsors findings?

FWIW I eat red meat almost exclusively and my chorlestoral is completely in check, wereas my mothers' and brothers' who eat much less have nothing but bad numbers. Go figure.

Eat a sensible diet that includes fresh fruits and vegetables. Use your head when it comes to meat, dairy products, and sugar. Try to get plenty of exercise if you can. Have your blood tested every 3-4 months. I'm not a doctor. Just passing on some info my doctor gave me.

Since we're debating "real science" carbon dating is a hoax, dinosaurs existed as recently as 10,000 years ago.
icon_wink.gif

Damn scientific studies. Next thing you know some yoo hoo will start saying that charcoal and food cooked over charcoal and burnt wood has carcinogenics within/associated with it.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

My cholesterol is a little high too so I watch what I eat (especially if it looks like BBQ) and double up on the Simvastin.
icon_wink.gif

My experience has been that sufficient quantities of beer, if consumed during the BBQ process, significantly lowers cholesterol.
icon_smile.gif

You guys are all WAYYYYY too technical for simple old me, but the “evidence” that I needed was, being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, after an adult lifetime of being a fat a$$, coupled with my Mom’s death certificate (she died at age 47) that states “Immediate Cause of Death: Recent Myocardial infarction due to coronary artery occlusion and arteriosclerotic artery heart disease”, with “Other Significant Conditions: Hypercholesterolenia” and my Dad’s death certificate that read “Hypertensive arteriosclerotic due to or a consequence of heart disease.” My thought is that all of that methyl ethyl bad $hit in my system can’t be good for me, so now I incorporate my Q into planning a balanced diet, have lost 80 lbs, and have 80 lbs to go. I see positive results, my morning blood sugar is usually under 100, my blood pressure a few weeks ago at the Dr.’s office was 110/57, cholosterol was way down to acceptable numbers, and I am probably healthier than I have been in decades. I eat Q and steak about two times a week, and chicken and salmon the other 5 days. It’s all about planning, moderation and a balanced diet. It’s just my opinion, but I’m alive and feeling good!

Paul, thanks for asking. Getting some exercise walking about 4x's a week 45minutes. More fruit. More oatmeal. Still too much intake and need to get more exercise. Mixed success? How are you doing?

Back