Drip Tray for Old Genesis?

SClark

Is it possible to get drip pan replacements for the older Genesis x000 models? Is anyone making them?

The only one I can find seems to be about two inches shorter in both directions, which I assume won't work with the older models.

Yep, I don't know of a source for them new. Grabbing them off other grills is the only source I know of. The Silver B/C pans are a bit smaller and that is probably what you were trying to fit on your grill.
It seems that if someone could come up with one, maybe in stainless steel, they could sell a lot of them.

I wonder if it would be easier to make an adapter collar for the newer smaller drip trays, or if at that point you may as well fabricate the whole thing.

I wonder if it would be easier to make an adapter collar for the newer smaller drip trays, or if at that point you may as well fabricate the whole thing.
Hi SClark,

If the top part of the old tray is still solid, you can cut out the lower part of the tray and nest a smaller tray in. Attach with sheet metal screws or rivets. That way you don’t have to bother with the firebox rails

a bit of a hack but it could keep you going until you find the right part

That's a good idea. Unfortunately one of the rails already rusted out so I'll need to deal with that part already.

But still I could do that, basically turning the old one into an adapter!

This issue is symptomatic of the growing challenge of restoring the early Weber Genesis grills that I, and a lot of us here, love so much. This tray is definitely one of the larger and more difficult parts for which to come up with an alternative. However, control panels are starting to get scarce, and any of the smaller parts specific to the 1-5 and x000 are probably hard to find as well.

Those darn wire rack bottoms are a tough find as well. It makes it worse when you have one of those cabinet Silver B/C grills and the cabinet is rusted out and you want to convert to a bottom wire rack. Then, if you already have a Silver B/C with a wire rack, many times they are rusted so bad that they are un-usable.

Back