Drilling down on your backyard grilling

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
In another thread, you said it's common for you to grill at home several times a day.

Oh my. I can't imagine grilling that often!

Can you breakdown your backyard grilling between gas and charcoal, e.g. 60% gas, 40% charcoal?

And does your family ever say, "Enough with the grilling, Dad!!! We're going out for pizza!" :D

Ha! Yes, I do sometime get a some pushback on the endless meals off the grills (but not often). Right now my equipment is about 50/50. I have a few gas grills and a few charcoal grills. My weird obsession might make a bit more sense if you know that I often use the gas grills as outdoor ovens. That is, I set them up for indirect heat and cook things like....pizza....on them.

I had to laugh reading this.

"Enough with the grilling, Dad!!! We're going out for pizza!"

"set them up for indirect heat and cook things like....pizza....on them."

Truth be told, they do like my pizzas better than pizza for the take-out joint. I make my own dough. The recipe is in Weber's Ultimate Grilling. I also give a recipe for a Classic Tomato, Mozzarella. and Basil Pesto. This is followed by four variations that are easy to make: Mushroom and Garlic, Artichoke and Olive, Asparagus and Lemon, and Fontina and Pesto.

Back