Downsizing my collection....is ther anyone local that would like free parts and pieces????

JimV

TVWBB All-Star
Hello all...it has been a while since I have checked in. Mainly because you guys taught me all the tricks and I havent really needed any assistance. I have narrowed my focus to only Genesis 300 series for flips and thus dont need all of the other parts and pieces. My company has sold the business and thus my huge warehouse man cave will no longer be available for me to tinker in.....man o man what a luxury it was to have that warehouse all to myself for 10 years. I restored 3 boats and about 175 Weber grills.....and tons of other tinkering projects. My warehouse is in Manassas Va. The items that I have for free are........
several plastic side tables
a few wood slat tables
brand new Spirit repl parts from Weber
a tub of old manifolds
a tub of old regulators
a shelf of old rusty grilling grates
a shelf of used burner tubes
approx 10 1000 control panels not in perfect condition but still classic
several grease treys
a silver B hood with end caps
a silver b cook box
I also have a box of knobs and old therms misc crap
You have to keep your expectations in check.....these are mostly just old faded parts and pieces......no perfect red hood or gold bars and diamonds.
I want this stuff to go to one of you guys that love the hobby.

If you are local and into the hobby this stuff would be a nice addition to your collection. Let me know when u want to stop by. Thanks

Do you know if you have a grease tray for the Genesis e310? I have one of the older ones from Home Depot that is missing the tray and I can't find one anywhere. I am in Stafford so very close.

I believe those are the grills he is sticking with for restoring, while getting rid of the parts for the earlier Genesis and some other stuff.

I had a similar situation after we moved. A lot less flipping here in King George VA vs Richmond VA. I cleaned up a lot of parts and sold them cheap on eBay and a few on FBM with shipping. The manifolds, shelves, valves, trays, wheels, sold pretty well and were not too bad to ship. I was happy they went to a new home and not the trash.

Thanks for the replies. Yep I will never be out of the hobby but since I am losing my man cave I just have to streamline my game. I can always ramp back up some other time but for now sticking with 300 series keeps it simple and they always sell real fast for good profit.....also no grinding and no painting is nice. I have had my parts and pieces advertised for sale of CL and FB for a while with very few nibbles. Sure I get people wanting a particular part but no other resto people wanting the collection.....at least to purchase.....I have yet to offer it for free on those sites......that was just for u guys. I guess is will give this forum a few more days then offer it up for free on FB and Cl and see what happens. I definitely dont want the old control panels and plastic side tables to go to the dumpster.

Ya I have a decent manifold collection but there again most of my parts are for silver B and old school 1000's. I have never had to replace a 300 series manifold before. I like having the manifolds around for spare screws and springs when I get myself in a pickle.

JimV,
I am afraid that the days of rehabbing early Genesis grills is going to start dwindling away, so your plan is probably a very good one.

I guess I have found that most 300 grills have rusty cabinets and, worse, rusty frame legs. How are you dealing with that to restore and make them profitable flips? The simple frames on a Genesis 1000 can usually be repaired, but if you need some new frame tubing it is easy - and cheap - enough to replace. Those 300 grills with their "unibody" construction of the sides and legs seem a lot more difficult to me.

I work or worked.....in the world of retail. When we would close or remodel a store I would keep the good sheet metal or tube metal....basically any metal that I knew I could use to repair a grill. Eventually I knew the exact pieces to keep and I have a system down to replace those bottom shelves. I will be honest....its a good bit of work to fabricate a new bottom shelf mostly due to all of the predrilling needed for the self tapping screws that I used. I really dont even want to do that anymore so I just search for any 300 series that I know I can turn and burn with minimal work. Depending on how much spare time I have I might even buy one for as much as $200 knowing I could clean it up and sell for minimum $300 and generally $350. I will take a quick Hundo or Hundo fifty all day long for 2 hours of tinkering and no parts needed. I enjoyed all of the 1000 and Silver B's that I restored. I enjoyed learning from all of you and mastering the art of bringing those old school grills back to life again. If I was retired and lived by a lake I would restore any and all......but currently have to focus more on the fun of the funny money vs the fun of the hobby. My current pace is about 1 grill every 3 to 4 weeks now.

This is pure gold for me currently.......give me 20 of these :)

Attachments

• 20220907_130942.jpg
    20220907_130942.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 19

Back