Doing da butt early.

Steve C.

Allright everyone: Change of plans. I'm putting on the butts a day early due to scheduling conflicts. We plan on eating saturday evening.

I figure the butts will be done friday morning.
I've searched these threads on the topic of leftovers but still haven't found the answer for my situation.

What is the best and easiest way to package and reheat the cooked pulled meat to serve in 30 hours? I don't want to use all my vacuum bags to store for such a short time.

Thanks to all!

When i reheat pork butt or chuckrool for the guys at work i do it in a crock pot on low. Add a little liquid AJ or some chicken broth and it comes out great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve C
What is the best and easiest way to package and reheat the cooked pulled meat to serve in 30 hours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
For a 30 hour period, I would use zip lock freezer bags and refrigerate. Another way to reheat is in the microwave at a low setting using relatively small batches at a time. CP is also good, but you'll need about 2 hours of lead time on the low setting with a little moisture added.

Good luck.

Paul

Steve--

I recommend cooling your pulled pork quickly before packing it for storing. That lessens the chance of developing off-flavors or having a bacterial issue which can happen if food cools slowly or if it's packed warm into containers and put into fridge. Detail on cooling and packaging here.

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I'll do the cold cookie pans to chill them. Then reheat on a low microwave.

Back